We have three purpose-built skin surgery operating theatres where patients can receive a range of skin surgery treatments under local anaesthetic, ranging from simple excisions to complex flap and graft repairs.
Most surgery for skin cancer is carried out in our own day case unit. Simple operations can sometimes be carried out on the day of your clinic appointment.
More complex skin cancers, such as those that have recurred after previous treatment, might require Mohs surgery, which we offer here. Mohs (named after the surgeon who created the procedure) involves removal of the skin cancer in stages. We test the skin that has been removed to see where the cancer cells are and to make sure that they are completely removed before we repair the area on your skin. Further information on Mohs surgery can be found here.
- Dr Chris Bower
- Dr Yusur Al-Nuami
- Dr Rebecca Batchelor
- Dr Chris Bower
- Dr Carolyn Charman
- Dr Naomi Goldstraw
- Dr Tom Lucke
- Dr Emily McGrath
- Dr Yong Oon
- Dr Rachel Wachsmuth
- Dr Penelope Williams
- Dr Peter Acheson
- Dr Helen Frow
- Dr William Willcock
- Dr Charlotte Carmichael
- Dr Josephine Wheeler
- Dr Helen Creighton
- Dr James Wood
- Dr Andrew Rosewarne
- Dr Alistair Brown
- Dr Alice Walker
Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Team
- Claire Facey – Lead CNS
- Jo Short
- Kate Allington
- Sarah Sandford
- Kevin Mitchell
Nursing Staff and Health Care Assistants (HCA)
- Clare Parkinson - Senior Surgical Nurse Practitioner
- Marian Thorn - Matron
- Hayley Thorn - Sister
- Chaya Sriranganatha - Sister
- Claire McKenna - Surgical Nurse Practitioner
- Hooi Inn Neoh-Solman - Surgical Nurse Practitioner
- Victoria Roderick - Surgical Nurse Practitioner
- Laura Warne - Sister
- Romina Abuzatoaiei - Staff Nurse
- Wasuru Dyke - Staff Nurse
- Patricia Garcia Arroyo - Staff Nurse
- Kim Hill - Staff Nurse
- Gillian Lacey - Staff Nurse
- Reynaldo Almazora - Senior HCA
- Myrna Base - Senior HCA
- Jayden Butler - Senior HCA
- Mandy Spinks - Senior HCA
- Jo Thompson - Senior HCA
- Amy Hunt - Senior HCA
- Michelle Murdoch - Senior HCA
- Bev Alford - HCA
- Wendy Davies - HCA
- Emily Hatch - HCA
- Fiona Lewis - HCA
- Gillian Tancock - HCA
Management and Admin team
- Roland Gulvin, Cluster Support Manager: email@example.com 07584 155 440
- Shirley Rickard, Admin Service Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org 01392 405 538
- Katy Watson, Team Lead & Waiting List Coordinator: email@example.com 01392 405 506
- Karen Hill, Team Lead & Waiting List Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org 01392 405 548
- Anne Jones, Team Lead & Medical Secretary: email@example.com 01392 405 515
- Karen Baker, Team Lead & Medical Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org 01392 405 512
- Joan Smith, Team Lead & Medical Secretary: email@example.com 01392 405 513
Where to find us
RD&E Heavitree, Gladstone Rd, Exeter EX1 2ED
Department of Dermatology
If you want to get in touch with the department, please contact us on 01392 405510.
Patient leaflets and documents
Suspected skin cancers are referred to us via the two week wait system. Patients with suspected cancer are seen in dedicated clinics, with facilities for skin biopsy and simple skin excisions for lesions that require urgent treatment.
A skin cancer diagnosis and treatment can have a huge impact on your social and psychological wellbeing. It is important to tell your GP or dermatology doctor about this during your consultation if it is relevant for you so that we can signpost you for further help in this regard.
Locally, we work with Talkworks who can offer support and advice.
There are also links to support groups and resources for many skin conditions at the following website.
Changing Faces is a support group for people living with disfigurement.
Information for healthcare professionals
Suspected skin cancers are referred to us via the 2 week wait system and patients with suspected cancer are seen in dedicated clinics, with facilities for skin biopsy and simple skin excisions for lesions that require urgent treatment.
Skin treatment and referral guidance for healthcare providers can be found here.
We also offer a teledermatology service for advice and guidance for GPs (48 hour turnaround).
For urgent enquiries or referrals, we run an on call service via the hospital switchboard: 01392 411611
General enquiries to the department: 01392 405510