Our commitment to you
At the RD&E we are committed to providing the best care possible. In doing so, we aim to:
- Listen to and recognise the needs of each child and their family;
- Work together with our patients, their families and partner organisations;
- Provide welcoming child friendly spaces;
- Communicate openly and clearly;
- Encourage wellbeing, growth and play so every child can thrive, within their circumstances;
- Provide a smooth and supportive transition from child to adult care for young adults;
- Support research and innovation to continually improve healthcare for children and young people.
Our vision is to make every contact count for the children and young people we care for. We aim to ensure the voice of the child is heard at every point in the health journey. Click here to see our RD&E Vision for Children and Young People 2020.
The work we do to restore or maintain health for Children and Young people links closely with the aims of the Devon Children and Families Partnership (click here for more information).
The RD&E also strongly supports the Paediatrics 2040 project by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (click here for more information). This aims to design systems around the needs of children by empowering parents to keep children away from hospital, improving integrated working between specialists and teams and creating responsive and adaptive services.