Support and benefits
You are at the heart of everything we do and we offer a variety of benefits to suit our diverse teams. No matter what your role - clinical or otherwise - each and every one of you counts. That is why we work hard to help our staff feel well, supported, valued, listened to and motivated at work. Because when you are at your best, together we can deliver the best care for our patients. Below is some of our great offer to you:
Salary is not the only financial benefit
- Extensive range of staff discounts on shopping, fitness and leisure options; including on-site outlets.
- Access to other discount services including healthservicediscounts.com and Bluelightcard.co.uk.
- Salary sacrifice: including in-house nursery, cycle to work scheme and 'ULEV' ultra low emission vehicles.
- NHS pension. The NHS Pension Scheme is one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK.
- Staff Lottery.
Looking after you is important to us
- Annual leave starting from 27 days, (plus bank holidays), increasing in line with service up to 33 days after 10 years, (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Purchase of up to an additional 10 days annual leave (payable over the AL period).
- Health and Wellbeing and Mental Health Champions.
- Staff Physiotherapy Service.
- Staff Support & Counselling Service.
- On-site wellbeing activities including mindfulness and mediation courses, fitness activities and a choir.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Occupational health.
- Depression and Anxiety Service.
- Staff forums.
We recognise the importance of balancing life and work
- OFSTED rated ‘outstanding’ nursery on-site at Wonford.
- Holiday Play scheme which offers on-site care to children aged 4.5 to 13 years.
- 24 Hour Childminder Network.
- Family friendly policies; including generous maternity, shared parental, partner and adoption leave and entitlements.
- Flexible working options.
Development and Recognition
We are committed to the training and development of our workforce (clinical and non-clinical).
- Coaching and mentoring.
- Apprentice Development Programmes.
- Leadership Development & Management Development.
- Professional development.
- Secondments (internal and external).
- A wide range of excellent internal training courses.
- Extraordinary People Awards.
Supporting your travel & supporting your environment
- Park and Ride travel.
- Stagecoach subsidised travel.
- On site car share scheme.
- Bicycle parking.
- Cycle to work scheme.