Coronavirus (COVID-19) information request update
Given the current situation during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak we are taking steps to protect our patients, staff and any visitors. This means we have very limited resources to respond to requests for information and ask that you consider the following before making a request:
- If you are making a Freedom of Information or Environmental Information Regulations request please consider if this is vital at this point in time and if you can delay asking for information until we have returned to normal service. If your request is essential please consider requesting the minimum information possible and be aware that unless this is held in systems accessible by our IG Office we are unlikely to be able to respond as the majority of requests involve other staff who are not currently available. Please note we make all of our past FOI responses available on our disclosure log, so the information you are after may already be available.
- If you are making a Subject Access Request for copies of your health record or other personal data please consider if this can be delayed until we have returned to normal service, if your request is urgent please be specific about what it is you need as a priority and be aware we may not have access to all your records, particularly those held in paper format. We ask that you provide as much information as possible about your requirements to enable us to respond as best we can under the current circumstances. Full copies of personal data will be available on request once normal service is resumed.
- If you have already made a request and have not yet received a response please be aware that we are working through a high number of requests and there will be delays. It would be appreciated if you can avoid sending chasing communications to enable us to focus limited resources on processing the requests. Please note we are unable to respond to follow up communications unless the RDE reference number is included.
- If possible please communicate via email to ensure staff working from alternative locations are able to receive your request, there may be additional delays to requests made by post. The following email addresses should be used:
- If you need to speak to someone urgently about your request please contact the IG Office on 01392 402623 where you can leave a message and a member of the team will call you back.
We appreciate this is a difficult time for everyone and ask that you consider if your request for information is essential at this time or can be delayed to allow us to support the ongoing work of the Trust in dealing with the COVID-19 outbreak.