Wynard Ambulatory Unit
Wynard is located in the Centre for Women’s Health on level 1
Ward phone number(s):
The Wynard Ambulatory Unit opened in November 2016. The area is furnished with recliner chairs and beds and contains consultation, treatment and ultrasound rooms and provides a comfortable environment for patients to receive a range of procedures and treatments.
The Unit is open from 08:00 – 20:00, 7 days a week.
What We Do
The unit is staffed by an experienced nursing and medical team. The unit offers a range of procedures and treatment to patients.The following is an example:
- Investigations e.g. CT scans, Ultrasounds, X-rays or blood tests
- IV antibiotics and reviews
- Wound reviews or dressings
- Removal of drains or catheters
- Administration of infusions e.g. Iron, IVIG
- Education of patients for self-management at home
- Ascitic drains, pleural taps, lumbar punctures and biopsies
Please report to the nurse’s station on Wynard Ward. Following registration, you will be directed to the waiting area. You will be initially assessed by the nursing team before undergoing your investigation or treatment. You will either be treated by the nursing team or a doctor, depending on the reason for your visit.