Publication of Surgical Treatment Outcomes
NHS England has begun the staged publication of mortality rates for individual hospital consultants in ten specialties. The aim of doing this is to give patients more information about their treatment, helping the NHS drive up and maintain the quality of care.
As a Trust, we are pleased with our results. You can see them for yourself on the NHS Choices website.
The following RD&E specialties are included:
- Thyroid and endocrine surgery (surgery on the endocrine [hormone] glands)
- Interventional cardiology (heart disease treatments carried out via a thin tube placed in an artery)
- Orthopaedic surgery (surgery for conditions affecting bones and muscles)
- Urological surgery (surgery on the kidneys, bladder and urinary tract)
- Colorectal surgery* (surgery on the bowel)
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery* (surgery on the stomach and intestine).
- Head and neck cancer surgery*
* To be published in autumn 2013