Our members have told us that in their journey through the health and care systems as patients they often face duplication, inefficiency and waste. This is particularly the case where different organisations are involved in aspects of their care. The result is that patients can become frustrated and have a poor experience.
We believe there is now a huge opportunity to increase the quality of care provided whilst at the same time improving efficiency and costs by delivering ‘seamless’ and more joined up services for patients. We are developing a new approach that aims to:
- “Wrap” care around the individual
- Deliver care at or as close to home as possible
- Help patients and carers better navigate their way through the care process
- Work closely with our partners to deliver more joined up care
- Bring together health AND social care
- Use modern technologies to both increase efficiencies but also give patients more control
This is not new. As the stories in these short films illustrate we are already putting in place new ways of meeting patient needs.
Please click on the thumbnails below to view the videos.